To improve the quality of life for the citizens of Hannibal, Missouri.
- Any 501(c)(3) organization whose application benefits the citizens of Hannibal, Missouri.
- Unique program that other organizations are not providing. Organization has a financial need. Program directed toward Hannibal’s youth or to the promotion of Hannibal’s economic well-being and overall quality of life.
- Requests for funds to be used within 12 months of receipt.
- Unable to fund major capital improvements or sustain the organization.
- Programs that overlap with other local non-profit organizations will be given a lower priority.
The Foundation recognizes that significant programs require time to demonstrate their value; therefore, it is willing to consider proposals covering multiple years of support. Like most Foundations, the Riedel Private Foundation is unwilling to assume responsibility for the long-term support of any organization or activity.
The Trustees will review grants on a monthly basis. Applications recommended for approval may not be reviewed at the first meeting following receipt. All inquiries and proposals are reported to the Trustees, including those that are initially declined.
Grant applications should be submitted by the last day of the month. The Trust Committee meets monthly to review and consider grant requests.
All applicants will be informed of the results of their application by the Trustees’ Assistant. If approved, a grant letter and a grant agreement will be sent with the distribution. As required by the grant agreement, organizations must follow-up with the foundation by submitting a full report.